Made to Stick... sticky as glueI read "Made to Stick" while in Seattle and San Diego last week and want to marry it. Really. I loved it that much. So much of what I have been unable to articulate myself is right there inside this amazing little book. Go get it right now and read it! Seriously.
The authors have outlined a practical and effective checklist that you can use immediately once you understand the principals that have been laid out.
Here's the SUCCESs framework... read the book and get it all...
- Simple... find the core... the one true thing.
- Unexpected... you need to surprise people to get their attention in the first place.
- Concrete... drop the intellectual, academic stuff straight away and explain yourself... understanding drives action.
- Credible... credibility (various forms) will let people believe.
- Emotional... it's not enough to believe... people have to ALSO care about you.
- Stories... getting people to act isn't about facts and figures, it's about great storytelling.